THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

progress

Friday, April 16, 2010

Been gone awhile

So I haven't posted in awhile and haven't been that active lately either. So here's what's going on...


All my life I've had pain. It started mainly in my legs, sorta like growing pains. I would also get injured very easily, and times my legs would swell up from a seemingly minor injury and xrays and MRI's would never be able to find anything physically wrong. As I got older it spread through my body. The muscles in my back specifically started getting terribly tight and my back has hurt to some degree every day since I was 12. Where i have had injuries (sprains/breaks) has been extremely arthritic and cause muscle spasms through large sections of my body. My birthmother has the exact same symptoms as does my half sister, and my daughter and nephew are showing the beginning signs of it. (thought it's possible it COULD just be growing pains) My joints (including my chestwall) will randomly inflame and there's pretty much always something.

My birthmother was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, and when I was still breastfeeding Kit I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Both of us have our doubts about this diagnosis as it doesn't seem to quite fit, the biggest disparity being that fibromyalgia RARELY manifests in childhood.

Anyways at the time of the diagnosis I chose not to do anything about it as taking medication would mean I'd have to stop breastfeeding, and that was something I was not prepared to do. Spring and Fall are always difficult times for me as the weather is changing alot. This spring has been especially difficult and about a month ago I made the decision to go to the dr and see if she could help me. She prescribed me flexeril (muscle relaxer) and naproxen(anti-inflamatory) Unfortunately I had an allergic reaction to the flexeril and was treated to several weeks of dizzy spells. They now have me on skelaxin instead and it is working much better, but it is too expensive for me to take on a consistent basis. They also have me on voltaren which is a stronger anti inflamatory and helping. So i'm feeling better overall and I plan on returning to the gym and my weight loss efforts this week.

0 comments: