THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

progress

Friday, May 29, 2009

Weakness

I am so weak. Seriously. So today Steve decided to wake me up an hour late and then rush me getting ready so we could go to his sister's. Guess what I forgot. Breakfast. So we went to his sister's (yay i'm so glad they're done fighting), ran a couple errands, and then went to my parents to pick up my moms old bike (now my bike). Till we got home it was like 2pm. So I'm SOOO hungry at that point. I haven't gone grocery shopping and i REALLY don't feel like cooking anything so i decide to go to Subway. Well McDonalds is right next door and the rest of the family decided they wanted burgers. so FIRST i messed up by getting a soda at Subway. I justified it by saying that I didn't have water at home yet. I did have some fruit juice left though and that would have been much better. Then when i went to get the family food.... i got fries. I know fries are like the worst but I LOVE McDonalds fries.

On the other hand I was proud of myself today. It pretty much rained most of the day after we got home so I COULD have had a valid excuse for not taking a walk...and well i still have yardsale stuff in the living room so i don't have room to exercise there. However when Kit woke up from her nap (not till like 7 pm tonight!!!) it had stopped raining so not only did I go for a walk but I also pushed myself to do a 4th lap around the neighborhood.

Got home and went straight to the store and tried to make some healthier food choices. No TV dinners. DID get some of these tyson chicken ball things that were cordon bleu. They're pretty yummy. Had 4 of them for dinner which is 1 ball more than a "serving" then had some honey wheat pretzels. For snacks I bought the pretzels, some of those kashi bars, low fat cottage cheese, and bananas. NO sweets. I bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts to make for dinner some nights this week and some organic pasta and alfredo sauce made with sundried tomatoes....which probably has a lot of fat in it but it is SOOOOO good. gonna go to costco tomorrow and get some beef. Yeah i know red meat is "bad for you" Am gonna try to eat it more in moderation, but dammit I love me my red meat and i'm not giving up both that and sweets. Plus steve would shoot me if i banned beef from the house LOL.

5 comments:

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Remember not to beat yourself up too much. I think making a list and getting the grocery store was a really good call. It will help.
If you ever want tips let me know.
I'm a health guru for a living.

Lean beef is awesome for you - just make sure it's lean.

I'd suggest heading towards more whole or raw foods (convenient stuff is often loaded with preservatives and chemical crap) and combining protein into all your meals. And get a water filter. You need that water!!

:D

Bless.

Unknown said...

I get the big things of spring water at the store and then fill up a bottle. i am alway downfor tips...but keep in mind i can't eat onions, i don't eat beans, and am not big on veggies LOL. i'm like a kid.

I always by lean ground beef because anything else makes me physically ill. The other beef i buy is stewing cubes (i make a mean stew with herbed dumplings) and roasts. The roasts usually have a nice bit of fat on one side, but of course we don't eat that part. I make them in the crockpot....you'd prob faint at my recipe it's loaded with sugar i think...but oh so good.

TheDaughterOfTyr said...

Sounds like you're on the right track though hun!
Keep blogging, you'll find it helps.

Do you keep a journal of your food intake? It seems to really work for a lot of people.

Unknown said...

:P I can't keep up with a semi daily blog...how am i gonna keep up with a journal LOL

isadorasmommy said...

You can have red meat, just remember to try to keep servings of meat around 4 oz (the size of your palm).
Also when grocery shopping remember that the healthiest foods are located around the perimeter of the store with least healthy foods being in the center isles.